As the school year is coming to a close, I’ve begun looking at my summer plans and formulating what I want to do.
Not “do” in the terms of like leave the house and travel the earth. Good heavens, not outdoors… no no.
I mean in terms of writing and such.
The fall semester actually had more time for writing, believe it or not. At the time, it seemed absolutely insane. But looking back on it from the spring semester, I was very wrong.
The spring semester has been crazy. I have gone months in a row without touching any of my projects sometimes. It sucks. As things have been winding down recently, though, I’ve been able to begin working on things again.
But, oh sweet freedom of the summer break. I have grand plans for the weeks on end of seclusion in my bedroom. XD
(mom keeps trying to plan things and I’m like “dude please no let me sit in my quiet haven of cozy”)
As I slog my way through oral reports and finals, I have begun to make a list of the writing and/or reading I want to accomplish over my two-month-ish.
I will share with you now, because accountability and stuff.
*shrugs* it could also be because I am ready to be DONE with this year.
- I want to finish at least the first draft of Mirage of Shards. This has been my baby for almost a year (?) and it needs to be full in existence. I keep getting other ideas and then I feel guilty. It just needs to exist, y’all. It’s sad. So that is main priority. *characters cheer in relief*
- I want to start working on a new project. (you know, the one my brain started a couple weeks back when it WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO.) It’s really funny because one of the people who is in charge of student worship ministry at church keeps asking me if I will write more books over the summer and I keep telling her that I will once I finish the one I am currently slaving over. This is that book. I will work on this one as soon as Mirage is done. *crosses fingers desperately*
- I want to work on “honing my craft”, so to speak. Sometimes it feels like I’m flinging words at a blank page with no idea if it will stick. While that is sometimes good, I would like to have more structure. I’m planning on rereading some of my K.M. Weiland books, as well as my new book, The Emotion Thesaurus. I’m really excited to read it, because I got it for my birthday yesterday and I’m lowkey thrilled.
as she is very much not lowkey…
- I want to read some good books. I got like seven new books yesterday (once again for birthday. because we are that family XD) and I’m going to try to read those, as well as others that have been on my list for a while. It’s getting pretty lengthy but you know hey, I love a good book. It’s been a while since I could read for the fun of it, and I am really looking forward to when I can.
- I want to catch up in YWW world. It’s been a while since I was on… and I’m feeling crappy about that, to say the least. *uncomfortable grin* Everything has been crazy, and I miss my Ydubs family. (if you are in YWW, I heckin’ miss you!!!) It’s been stressing me out sometimes when I go on, so I kinda just removed it from this season of my life. As we all know, I am never really short of stress, so I do not need extra. XD
I think that is my little list! I am very excited to get back into the things I love and miss doing. It is going to be a great summer. I can’t wait, y’all. I CAN’T WAIT.
Also, bonus point, WE REACHED 100 SUBS AT THE INTROVERTED RACONTEUR, GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW?? *high fives all ’round*
Now go forth, mis amigos and amigas, and smile. Your day is just beginning. Make the best of it. Don’t procrastinate. Work hard. Make me proud. 🙂
Love you all,